Friday, January 13, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


Hello to you all. The weather today is just lovely we hit 0C which is just freezing. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow will bring. Hopefully something with more sun than today.

What frugal happenings have taken place here on the Phillips' homestead. 

1.  Walked for free exercise and have gradually increased the time walked this week. Next week I am going to use that same time in two walks.

2.  Opened the drapes to take advantage of the sunshine and solar heating.

3.  Started my challenge to use more appliances for cooking rather than relying on the oven. 

4.  Making sure lights are off in rooms not in use and in the evenings turning off more of the lights. Not that I sit in complete darkness, but I turn off the large 3 bulb kitchen light and turn on the under counter light, and turn off the light in the dining room leaving only the minimum of lighting to get around the house.

5.  Working on using up the hand lotions and body lotions that Kris has bought me over the years. This is an ongoing challenge as it seems like I use one up and find another. 

6.  Paid the midmonth bills online saving gas or stamps. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


4 comments:

  1. We had snow today and even I have to admit it looked rather pretty when we got up this morning. Even prettier when I knew I didn't have to go out in it!
    Frugal for me was finding (with a bit of cobbling together) enough quilt batting 'bits' to put in my fusion quilt without having to buy more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every little frugal thing helps, doesn't it? Our weather has consisted of rain and strong winds for what seems like weeks, roll on Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know about those bottles of, very lovely, creams and lotions. they do take a long time to use up. I love to have them as gifts though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you regarding all those half used bottle of lotion, need to tackle that as well!!

    ReplyDelete