Monday, January 16, 2023

Menu Monday

 


Time for another week of menus, hopefully frugal ones. As is usual I probably will get more than one meal out of each. 


Monday

Soup and sandwiches. I pulled turkey stock from the fridge freezer along with some drippings, the leftover bits of cooked veggies that I froze, and a very small package of frozen chicken meat. As far as sandwiches go I will be using up most of the loaf of homemade bread along with cheese slices (making grilled cheese). 

There will be enough soup left for me to have a few lunches with some crackers.


Tuesday

A small pork sausage casserole which will see me Tusing up the last of the pork sausages, our garden potatoes and the last of a bag of carrots. This will make us two meals this week.


Wednesday

Leftover chicken made into something that I can serve over toast. There should be enough for me or Harvey to have the leftovers for lunch one day.


Thursday

The leftover small sausage casserole.


Friday

Salmon casserole along with a salad.


Saturday

Stew, and biscuits to serve it over. The leftovers will be used early next week for another meal.


Sunday

I will pull out a package of leftover frozen ham to make my version of pasties. There will be two leftover which I will freeze for another meal later. I think perhaps next Sunday instead of a roast meal.

I am working very hard to . clean out the fridge freezers and use up various meats in the upright freezer. 


I have found a walk in clinic that I can use until my doctor comes off his suspension, which I do hope will not last more than a year. I really hate not having a family physician as it took me a great deal of time to actually start going back to a doctor once again. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.





6 comments:

  1. Wait, your Doctor was suspended? Do you know for what? I saw my Doctor last week to get some new prescriptions and I point blank asked him when he was going to retire. He's in his 60's. He joked and never answered me. I don't want to have to scramble after he retires so back in Nov I did sign up for a new medical clinic just in case.

    I'm sorry I haven't been commenting - When I use my phone, I am unable to make comments. Crazy and frustrating. I have to use my desk top and go down my list.



    ReplyDelete
  2. made beef barley soup today, and will be having it for lunch for the rest of the week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making good use of leftovers. Why is your doctor on suspension? I'm very surprised if that leaves you with no family doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as if the freezer clearing is going really well - good for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds delicious. Your freezer clean out seems to be going well. I’m wondering why your dr is on suspension too. One of my Moms doctors went to jail for Medicare fraud. It was wild.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa....why was your doctor suspended? Not sure I would want to return to a doctor that had been suspended. Not sure I would have any confidence in him again. You really plan ahead with your meal prep. I have a very general outline in my head, but never write it down and often admend it based on hubby's working schedule and or the fact I may not be hungary for whatever I was thinking of making. But, tonight I don't have to think of what to cook. I made reservations about 10 days ago as this is one of favorite restaurants on the island. Am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete