Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Mid Week.... A New Year

 


Another lovely day here on the Saskatchewan prairies, a bit cooler but still lovely for this time of year. The extended forecast is calling for this to continue well into the middle of the month. I am looking forward to being able to take a lovely walk on one of these beautiful days. I just need to get my energy back up. 

I did finish off the shopping today and of course needed a bit of a nap this afternoon. This time it was only for an hour instead of one and a half hours. Could it be my energy is returning bit by bit? Still I am taking it easy and resting between tasks, I refuse to fall back into being so lethargic that I cannot do anything at all except talk and lay around.

Here are the few pictures I got over Christmas. None during the gift opening.



Kurt getting ready to leave. He was warming up his car so I managed to snap this photo.



Kris looking up something to help with the tech problems I asked him if he could fix.



Eiko decided to try and jump to the top of my bookcase...She made it. This is the first time she has every tried to do this.


Woke up this morning to a winter wonderland.

The fog deposited a coating of hoar frost on all the trees. The glinted and sparkled most of the day.



Hmm, this looks a bit odd, but it is a close up of the frost on one of the branches outside our front window.


Lastly a picture of the quilt I made Kris. It does fit his entire bed.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Frost on the trees is always so beautiful (much as I hate to admit it!). We're anticipating a combination of rain/snow/freezing rain over the next few hours. Most of the snow from the storm over Christmas has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to take photos this year too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hoar frost, so special when you see it. It is very mild but wet here in southern Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the energy is coming back.
    I love that quilt, nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilt. It looks great on Kris's bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see photos of your boys. The quilt looks great, well done!

    ReplyDelete