Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits


 

Another relatively quiet day. It is our 47th anniversary which is really quite strange to think about. The years have for the most part passed by quickly with very little strife. Not to say we have never argued, or gotten upset with each other, but we have never stayed angry.

So today was mostly a stay at home, and enjoy our time together. I booked a vacation for us at one of our National Parks. It is a park we have visited three times before. Once camping and twice later in the summer at a resort in the village. This time we are in a new resort with a new cabin and more things that are not supplied. Still it was a savings of around $200.00 and since we will be bringing food and most of the extra items we already have here.... no problem.

Working on hand quilting and slowly getting things completed. I should be finished the border tomorrow and then I can hand quilt the bricks. Not too sure how I am going to do those. I hope to be finished soon and putting the binding on so I can move on to the next unfinished projects. One of which should take no time at all, the other could be going into the next month. 

Frugally things are being recycled, donated or tossed if no longer good. Tomorrow I plan on going through the linen closet and seeing what can be recycled in there. Anything that can be taken apart for fabric, or repaired will be put in the sewing/craft room, and repurposed. The year of living to the utmost frugality has started off excellently. 

Leftovers are slowly disappearing from the fridge, and I am saving bits and bobs of veggies to add to soups. I am also planning and doing more appliance cooking. Yesterday the casserole was made in the toaster oven, supper tonight is being made in the slow cooker (with the stove top being used for the veggies). 

Watching lots of free TV. If Harvey was no longer around I think I could actually get rid of our television subscription..... Mind you the boys could be a bit upset at not having sports to watch. 

Off to visit a few of you and then get supper on the table.


Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary. 47 years is an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it was up to me I wouldn't bother with the tv, but like your sons, my hubby loves his sports on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good day. You accomplished quite a few things and that quilt is coming along! You always sound so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary, the years do pass oh so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations to both of you. Not long to go till the Golden one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Wedding Anniversary Jackie and Harvey. Good work on the frugal living.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary to you both. How wonderful to have a holiday to plan and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary to you and your sweetheart!
    I would likely do away with the tv too if it were up to me - Resident Chef likes it though. I didn't grow up with a tv so it never was that important in my life.

    ReplyDelete