Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits


 It is a beautiful day, the temperature is well above seasonal and so I took a bit of a walk outside. Mind you my grocery shop took a great deal out of me and I had to have a nap first. Got a bit more energy and managed to do the walk and iron. All the household tasks were completed though it took a while.

I will be going to Walmart tomorrow as I knew just getting the groceries would take a great deal of my energy. I don't like going out twice, but one does what one needs to do. I am wearing my mask (pretty much the only one in the store that was today) and will continue to do so for as long as it takes. I do not want to get that sick ever again. 

Since my energy level was so low this afternoon that I needed to nap, I did not work on the quilt. I have done some knitting though so I am keeping busy. 

I was asked if a grilled cheese was the same as an English toastie and yes it is. It is one of our favourite sandwiches along with tuna melts and egg salad. Very easy to make and comfort food at its finest. So looking forward to having one with our soup tonight. 

My oven is still working and that makes life so much easier. I think I will still pull out the toaster oven for things that need warming (and for those grilled cheese tonight). I have also planned a few meals to be made in the slow cooker, one for the Instant Pot, and one for the Air Fryer. This is in keeping with me trying to get more appliance cooking done and hopefully save on electric costs. 

I have actually gotten Harvey to pay attention to how many lights he has on, and with the sunny weather drapes have been wide open to take advantage of that light. 

I hope to share some pictures from Christmas with you tomorrow. Not that I really took that many of them but I do have a few. 

Off to visit a few of you before I need to make supper.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. we seem to be having very strange weather for this time of the year. Hope your shopping trip on Wednesday doesn't take it out of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to read you are feeling a bit better slowly Jackie. It sure can take it out of you & drain your energy. Lots more folk have begun wearing masks over here again & its great as I do think they do help. Take care Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased that you are feeling a bit better now, being sick certainly saps your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah - thanks. I dearly love a toastie!!

    Thank goodness you are continuing to improve. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are continuing to recover.
    Grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite of mine too. I usually have fries with a sandwich and call it the unhealthy choice. 😅

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recovery is taking time but that's okay, much as you wish it was faster! Glad to hear your oven is still working - fingers crossed it continues!

    ReplyDelete