Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Still very cold here and for some odd reason I seem to have developed a chill that I can not get rid of. Wrapped in a shawl and snuggled on the chair for most of the day. Well after the household tasks were finished of course. 

Yesterday Harvey quite surprised me at one point yesterday. He was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden he says we will have to downsize very soon as we will probably only be in our home for another 8 years (where the 8 came from I have no idea). I then asked where we would move to if that was the case. He said Regina which is the same city our youngest lives in. 

Now what is shocking about this is that every time I have mentioned moving he has brushed it off. I can't figure out what made him change his mind. 

Since he mentioned this I have been looking at apartments and condo's in the city.... I have also been looking at one floor bungalows as I think that if Harvey didn't have a garden in the summer he just might get a bit cranky. A double heated garage would be good as well then he could have a little workroom. 

I think I need to start making lists... List maker extraordinaire here, I love me a good list to keep me on task. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. It's good to have a target date in mind so you can plan accordingly. There just might be an ideal spot that comes up which might speed up the date, but at least you can take your time looking. We don't regret moving into an apartment although we do miss the garage in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a list as well, neat rows of things to do or get, I am the queen of spread sheets in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting - sometimes it takes ages for men to process an idea and then it comes out as if it is their own idea!!

    I'm sorry you were feeling chilled and unwell. Perhaps a post viral thingy - after all, you were quite unwell, weren't you?
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that is interesting. I'm sure Kris will be able to help you narrow down the neighbourhoods too.
    My real estate agent and I have kept in touch and he sent me an e-mail last week. There are currently 900 units on the market - it's currently a buyer's market but the interest rates are keeping buyer's from purchasing right now.
    I know this isn't your timeline - you've got a few years yet, and you'll need to sell your property first. But in the meantime it is fun to look....and keep a list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds exciting. I wouldn't want to move - we're here till we die. Boy it sure is cold - at first when you said Harvey said he wanted to move, I thought it would be some place warmer...Being in the same town as an adult child is good as we age.
    From all the blogs I am reading, it is cold everywhere - some artic chill all the way down to Texas. We're cold here in California but I can't complain about it - we're like in the 50's. It does get into the mid 30's at night. Very cold for us.

    ReplyDelete