Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Ramblings

 


Today was cold, but it will be getting much colder tonight and tomorrow. I am glad I bundled up and took a short walk today, because I sure won't be going anywhere tomorrow.

Saskatchewan is entering the deep freeze. That Arctic low from Siberia has arrived. 

I haven't done much today, watched Mass online, cleaned the outside of the fridge (tomorrow and Tuesday I will do the inside), made my household tasks lists for next week, and knit. 

Talked to Kris today and one of the draught dodgers just does not work right, so at some point this week I am going to make him one that is wider. He says the others work great and really cut down on the drafts coming under the doors. 

Since it is going to be pretty darn cold tomorrow I think I just might do some more baking (just a few gingersnaps left). It has been awhile since we have had cinnamon buns, and a cake would be nice as well. I have some dried cherries so I am thinking of making oatmeal cookies with those dried cherries instead of raisins. 

It is also time that I enter budget numbers for the month. I get to see how well or not well I did. Hopefully very well. I would really like to start the year off with a bang.

Now if I could only have started the year off exercising with a bang. It doesn't seem to be going that way however. I will need to work on that along with other goals. Just finding it a bit difficult to work up the enthusiasm. Guess I just need to buckle down and hope that it appears like magic. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. well I will just pop on by to sample your baking!! Put the coffee pot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps your enthusiasm is hiding with mine. Let me know if you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, I don't like the sound of the increasing cold. Hoping you stay cosy and warm inside. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps I can arrive about the same time as Gill, and we both can have a coffee and a bite to eat ;). Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not looking forward to my drive this morning in this cold. I'll probably wait until mid-morning to leave hoping it will warm up a few degrees. Let's hope this cold snap, snaps early.
    Good on you for geting out for a walk - I didn't even walk indoors yesterday. Instead I watched curling for much of the day, and had a visit with a friend in the afternoon. Her mom passed away a month ago and she's feeling lost without her.
    Enjoy your baking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm struggling to get back to exercising. I'm having problems accessing my membership card on my new phone and it's putting me off going. I need to sort it out and get back into exercising a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exercise is a dirty word as far as I'm concerned. I am forcing myself to do some hall walking most days but it's boring and I seem to be able to find all sorts of excuses not to do it. Walking outside isn't doable because Resident Chef insists on tagging along and he walks too slowly for me, plus there's the worry about him falling (me too, for that matter!).

    ReplyDelete