Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Mid Week Arrives Once Again

 


Once again a quiet day. One that I might actually have gotten a few things completed.

Worked off and on in the sewing/craft room, picking things up, putting things in their rightful places and removing what does not belong in there. Lots still to do, many containers need to be labeled as of yet, but at least things are starting to be organized once again. How much longer it will take is anyone's guess. I need to continue to work on using up the stashes before purchasing more. I actually feel like a hoarder when I enter that room. I can label and move things around constantly saying I am "organizing" but until things are used it really isn't organized at all. I can make things look pretty, but still not be where I want to be. Time to get serious. 

Worked on hand quilting most of the afternoon while watching Willow on Disney+. I am quite enjoying it. Next I will get back to watching some of the various Star Trek series. Give me a couple of streaming channels and my computer box attached to the television and I am happy. I am thinking of adding Pluto to the television since it is free and does have some live streaming events.

Started my shopping list for next week. Pretty small right now and I think I am going to add some stock up items that could last us for a year. I am hopeful that the price will be falling on those items at the end of a year. 

Tomorrow I hope to go through the budget spreadsheet. I don't plan on changing things as of yet, but want to get a bit of an idea of what should be raised (I have a few items that I can enter that are unchangeable as far as having to pay them). I might also work on a few ideas to lower some of them, but that might not show up for a bit as of yet. 

Off to get supper started and then to spend some time catching up with all of you. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




7 comments:

  1. I do the same - the end of January I go over the budget and we discuss what stays, what we can live without or what we want to add. Then we treat ourselves and go out to dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wednesday is my online banking day where I pay bills and sort out what's what money wise for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just saw an ad on TV for Pluto. We are nervous about the whole streaming thing since we don't know how much data programs use. We may lose our Bell/Shaw connecting down here so need to think about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally just went through everything and kept some items, and the items that I will never use, havn't used I took to the Goodwill shop. I've got myself on a leash for yarn, no project no yarn. It gets overwhelming with alot of stuff. My space is limited and I hate "looking" for things. All the remains are in labled tubs, down to 3. It feels much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely relate to what you say about feeling like a hoarder when you go into your sewing room. I feel the same. I'd really like to do some stash busting projects this year and get the volume of fabric I have down a bit. I don't really buy fabric anymore, but I did buy some from work yesterday as it was reduced by 75%, so it was a price I couldn't resist. It was all Xmas fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flip flopping the shop to another room has certainly led to many unexpected items that we are decluttering. It feels good, well at least something feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sewing room feels hoarder-ish too despite my best efforts over the past couple of years to use things up. The current blanket I'm making is gobbling up lots of leftover yarns so I feel good about that, but today I ordered some more so I can make the fusion crochet quilt I'm planning. It will be a Christmas gift hopefully.

    ReplyDelete