Thursday, January 19, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


My usual thrifty habits have been taking place over the week. 


It has been awhile since I have had to darn anything, but this week I darned some socks, and a pair of gloves. Hopefully getting a bit more wear from both.


All the bits and bobs of fabric left from my quilt have been stored away to be used in other projects later.


I pulled some yarn from my stash and a free pattern online printed out to knit myself a sweater once I finish the shawl. No need to purchase anything at all.


Saved the plastic bags and twist ties from my produce purchases to be used again in some form.


Saving the mesh bag the oranges came in, I am going to try making a dish scrubby.


Did a bit of a stock up on items that never expire. I am purchasing those when I see a good sale and storing them on the shelves in the spare bedroom. With prices rising this could be a great way of being thrifty in the long run.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




4 comments:

  1. Grandma taught me to darn......but I'm sad to say that I rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now wash and reuse plastic bags, except if they've had raw meat or fish in them. It's a good idea to stock up on long life things when they're on a good special offer, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish we had more space to stock up on more staples but we do what we can.
    Curious to know...do you have a pattern for making scrubbies from the mesh bags? I'd like to try that because I hate throwing them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Farm foods have random special offers. Today it was 4 bottles of garlic and basil passata for £1. I bought 8 to store while they are cheap. useful for so many dishes. I love darning but rarely have anything to darn.

    ReplyDelete