Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits


 

It has once again been a dark, light snow falling, foggy day here on the prairies. 

I did go out on the roads and completed my shopping. I will be heading out tomorrow to purchase my prescriptions. Got a few deals, but not many. My small city in the corner of Saskatchewan does not do yellow stickers and the competition between stores is not like in a bit city.

Now a bit about why my doctor was suspended.... Years ago there was a complaint about how he treated a female patient and now he is supposed to have someone in the room whenever he sees a lady. This was in another city and well before he came here to practice.

Now this doctor in over the year I have been seeing him has never treated me with anything but the utmost respect, rather I see him alone or he has someone in the room with him while examining me. He has never treated other women that I know go to him in any way that could be considered "off".

Late last month a woman made a complaint that there was not another person in the room when she visited, and that she didn't like the way he touched her. 

I know I should take this woman's word, but something isn't sitting right. I have questions which I know will not be answered. 

On the 27th of this month we will learn more, we will also learn how long the suspension will be if it is carried through. Whoever this person is they are now in the same predicament that all his other patients are in. They no longer have a family doctor, and good luck finding one in the city right now.

I have the binding pinned and partially hand sewn on the quilt. A few errors, but hopefully no glaring ones. I hope to have a picture to share with you all tomorrow. My fingers started locking up so I had to stop.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





7 comments:

  1. Well if he did then he needs to be suspended however, if it is a bogus complaint, then that's criminal. Only God knows what happened. Meanwhile it sure effects all his patients. I don't know, I kinda feel as you do - why would a Doctor risk his practice again? Unless she was just so irresistible he couldn't help himself. I rather doubt that but you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tricky situation and it's not great not to have a family doctor - which is what we call a GP, I guess. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you don't have a family doctor at the moment. must be a bit of a worry. I hope things get resolved okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a difficult situation. One wonders why, as he's had issues previously, he would see a patient alone. And if there was someone else present, why the patient would say there wasn't. I do hope the truth comes out.
    Sounds like you've made great progress on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to know. On the one hand, women have been forced to tolerate inexcusable behavior at every level for a long time. On the other, someone's livelihood shouldn't be ruined because something was maybe misconstrued. That said, I only have one male doctor, and he never sees me without someone in the room, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree something sounds off about the family doctor situation. Such a shame when we are so short of family doctors. Can't wait to see photo's of your quilt. I dropped off a quilt at the quilters to quilt. So like you I will be hand sewing binding on shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to feel sorry for your doctor but who knows where the truth lies. Some people are just out to make things hard for everyone else and that might be the case here. It's sad though when there's such a shortage of doctors right now.

    ReplyDelete