Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday Ramblings

 


Today is sunny and really just below freezing. Simply gorgeous. I went for a little stroll up and down the street for some fresh air. 

Mass was attended online as I am still coughing, and wearing a mask for the 1hr 30 minutes that Father stated in the bulletin would not be feasible. I would definitely be coughing half way through, add in the incense and I would be a wreck. Much better to keep this infection contained here at home.

After Mass and my little walk, I got the quilt sandwiched.


This is the finished top. I had to piece the batting, but I am using up every little bit that I have before purchasing more. Batting of any kind is pretty pricey. I hope to start quilting this tomorrow, just need to figure out a colour (leaning towards a metallic) of thread to use.

I also finished the second Bits and Bobs knitted blanket. Took a picture of the two finished blankets.



I think I have more than enough knitted blankets for right now. I am looking through my books and loose patterns off and on to find something other than mitts, hats, scarves, cowls, and socks to use up some of the orphaned balls. I may be making a few stripey sweaters or vests to use them up. 

Drapes and blinds are open taking advantage of the light and solar heating. The furnace has not cut in since this morning and it is 22C in here still. Sun is setting so things will be shut pretty soon to keep the heat in.

Bills for Decembers electrical and gas are coming in now. Both have gone up slightly and that can be attributed to the boys being home and the extra cooking/baking I did. Hopefully I will be able to pare those back slightly, though the electrical won't show a difference for awhile as most will be estimates. Hoping they estimate high so that we get a very low one when a reading is done. The water bill will be high as well since there were more baths, dishes, and clothes washing. Not complaining just figuring out where we can expect to have some savings later.

Off to make supper. This will be another week of using things up, lots of leftovers in the fridge freezer still to use, so hopefully groceries the next time I shop will be minimal. I did purchase a few things at Walmart that I won't be buying again for a little while maybe even a year. This frugalling like never before/buy nothing new for myself is making me think and plan. Probably a very good thing.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Both Resident Chef and I wouldn't be able to attend any church where incense was used due to allergies. Even a mask wouldn't protect us, sadly.
    I'm powering through a lot of my yarn stash making the mile-a-minute afghan for Resident Chef. It's sure making a difference to the amount of partial balls I have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm able to post without being anonymous - now I am playing catch up. Yes, it is best to stay home. I also stayed home to watch church - and I heard a "cougher" in the background and thought that they shouldn't be there. I mean a cough or two is normal, but this person was hacking. It was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you get better soon. Love your quilt. I agree with using up what you have first!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt and blankets. I'm trying to use up things in the freezer at the moment as it was filled so full at Christmas. Things need using up before I buy anything more.

    ReplyDelete