Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 

Cooler and overcast today. Perfect for hot cups of tea or coffee and staying inside. 


Nothing really super thrifty happening here. Just the usual. I do have to say that the Chinese food we ordered in for my birthday gave us 9 plates (4 full meals) and so was a very thrifty investment. Saved me cooking those days as well.

I did some mending, mostly redoing a few hems, and fixing a seam or two on a couple of Kris's shirts. 

We are using up leftovers and bits and bobs when cooking. 

I am using up bits and bobs of threads sewing the quilt. 

Here is a picture of the rug I made for Kurt. Lots of fabric used up in making this.


I had thought about making it a bit bigger but my fingers were getting darn sore, and the whole rug was very heavy. Seems to fit where he wants it though. 

I have lots more strips left, but I think I might hold off making another one until I don't remember how hard it was to get this done (could use one in the room Kurt uses downstairs when he visits). 

Off to rest a little bit and then start supper and visit all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Never left the house today, other than picking up the mail at the mail box. Overcast here. Love your rag rug, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rug looks absolutely fantastic and just perfect where it is. Such hard work!

    I'm the same with takeaway Chinese - to get a decent variety, you have to order much more than needed and it can then do me for days!
    How are you feeling now?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love no cook days and would welcome many more of them. Glad you're feeling better and getting your energy back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It occured to me when I was reading the part about how difficult making a larger rug would be that it might be possible to make two and then join them together? Not sure how that could be accomplished but maybe it's doable.

    ReplyDelete