Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits


 

It has been another couple of cloudy days here in Saskatchewan. Right now though it looks like the sun is going to try and peak through.

Since it has been so cloudy, I have been on a sewing spree. I did put the dress aside to work on some other sewing projects and now that they are done, well no more excuses. I will just take it nice and slow on the next two more complicated patterns. The sewing encyclopedia will be my side while working on these. 

Also been working on getting the cupboards cleaned and organized. Slow going, but things are getting done. 

Things are also getting used up in the fridge and our various freezers. Getting everything under control and back to pre-pandemic levels of cleanliness and good stuffs.

I guess it is time to share some pictures of what I have been sewing....


 A very simple, pull over the head knee length knitted dress. 



My first knit tunic top. I love this pattern and the sweater knit fabric I used for this one is so very soft.


The sweater knit top I just finished today. It isn't really this red, more a deep rose colour. This was made with some fabric I bought at the church fabric sale. 

Once I get the two knit dresses done I will be pulling fabric to make some shorts, capris and perhaps a couple of summer tops. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

11 comments:

  1. They all look so good, Jackie. I love that you make your own clothes. I took three years of sewing in high school and I am so glad I did that. I cleaned out one of my cabinets today too and it really needed it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on sewing clothing! I have hated the thought ever since a really bad experience in home ec class in high school. I'll sew pretty much anything but if it has the word 'clothing' attached to it I'm so intimidated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy you are busy. I can sew I just don't and haven't in years. I mainly mend - I've cut down long dresses to make skirts - that is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very talented Jackie. That looks like store bought clothing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to be able to make your own clothes. I can just about sew on a button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's how we learn, isn't it - by challenging ourselves. The clothes are great - I love that red one in particular. A lovely colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to have so many choices of what to wear, and all from your own handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pieces are lovely! My favorite is the grey tunic top. It looks elegant.
    I'm not looking forward to the colder temperatures that are coming this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ability to just make a dress when to want one is amazing! I love the colors in the first dress but of course love the sweaters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sewing spree turned out great! It's always nice to have something new in the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great makes Jackie. You've been very productive.

    ReplyDelete