Friday, November 3, 2023

Frugal Friday

 


So what frugal things have I been up to in my home and kitchen this week. 

1.  Using up lots of bits and bobs of food. Harvey has been a good sport when it comes to meals this week and has had more meatless meals than usual. Keeping me company in what I am allowed to eat.

2.  Harvey cut up a pair of his pj pants that he ripped into rags to use downstairs in his work room.

3.  Another wine kit was started today. White since it seems like both of us like white much better than red. I do like a rose though.

4.  Decluttering was done, not much but every little bit helps in the long run.

5.  Baking bread (hopefully toast is in my near future).

6.  Made my shopping list using two sets of fliers. I think eventually I may add a third store to my rounds as it is quite close to Walmart.

The mashed potatoes and gravy went down very well. Tonight I am going to try pancakes as they are actually pretty smooth and soft. Well, that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Off to set the table, then visit as many of you as I can before I need to make supper.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. My Frugal tip this week has been to cut up some very old, thick cotton socks and use a bit of crochet edging to turn the top part into fingerless gloves. I have my wooly hat and wool rug to keep warm when I read in bed, but my hands get cold.

    I cut the foot part of the sock into a rectangle and put it in the rags pot in the kitchen to use instead of paper towels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the pancakes work and are a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were and to make matters better I have two leftover for breakfast this morning.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I've been using up food from my freezer lately and there's not much bought food left in there now, which is good. It's mostly veggies from the allotment left which, we'll eat over the coming 6 months. I will need to re-stock bought food soon, probably combined with some food for Xmas or the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mostly have to purchase dairy and produce, but there are a few things that are getting very low in the pantry and are on sale right now.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear the potatoes and gravy were a success. I hope the pancakes were too.
    I'm not looking forward to my next shopping trip as I've been using up most of what was in the fridge and freezer. I'd best checkbthe flyers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You needed to use up as much as you could for your move. I don't envy you having to replace what you will need to. Yes the mashed potatoes and the pancakes were wonderful.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. That is so sweet of Harvey to join you in the meals you can eat this week. I'm glad the mashed potatoes and gravy went down easy. They are one of the easiest meals when having mouth work done. I hope you are healing well.

    ReplyDelete