Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Mid-Week

 


I really could settle into nothing today. I did a bit of knitting, ran out and did the banking, picked up prescriptions, and processed a pumpkin. Hopefully tomorrow I will be wanting to do more. It is getting too close to Christmas to let up on getting projects completed. My mojo seemed to go on a bit of a holiday today. Or perhaps I just needed a bit of a break.

Tonight I may go into the sewing/craft room and put a few things away, clearing up some crafting space. I can also get my sewing machine set up and ready to go. I am hoping this next dress does not take very long to assemble. I also plan on pulling out some more fabric to get a few things sewn for Christmas. What I have planned should not take very long at all once patterns are cut out. 

Still working on using up as much of my various stashes as possible. I want to try out my sock loom in the new year, so getting things manageable and easy to find in the sewing/craft room is beginning to become a priority. 

I am hoping my yarn shipment arrives tomorrow. I really need to start on the last item for Kurt to give to his friend. Especially if I want it done by the time he comes home for Christmas. This project will be a challenge for me as it is so very different from others that I have done. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless


8 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I couldn't settle into anything today. Not sick just lazy. I guess I have been working on so much, I just needed to take a break. Well there is still a couple more hours in this afternoon, I could get into a project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to run errands yesterday, and should have stopped for a few groceries, but my heart wasn't in it, so I didn't. I know how you feel about settling into nothing. We can get those items later. It's so motivating to read about your Christmas projects in the works. I've been working on my items here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have days like that but you still managed a few things!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same kind of timetable. So many projects, so little time. Now to find time to do it all is the big job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I consider a day like that productive, even if it seems I move from one thing to another. I've no doubt you'll finish everything - maybe not in the order you were thinking, but in the time frame you've given yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess you havent completely recovered from your oral surgery, so that is why you cant settle to do what you think you should be able to do. Perhaps you need to rest a little more. Give yourself permission to sit, relax, and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes have a day without much progress on anything and I flit from thing to thing. At least though I do pick up stitching when watching tv at night with Tony which we do together every night. So that always makes me feel more productive. I think Jenny is right, you need more rest and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to find time to work on some projects I've started. Work has disrupted my flow this week, but I've still found a bit of time to sew here and there thankfully. Sometimes you do just need a break and then you can go back to it feeling refreshed.

    ReplyDelete