Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


I did hit the Warehouse sale at our Co-op store this morning. I managed to find everything on my list. Which is awesome as lately they have been short on some items. Actually saved a total of almost $40.00 on my purchases.

I did notice that they were having trouble getting brown sugar in and now I am so glad that I bought a big bag the last time I was shopping. Also, I now know how to make my own brown sugar, and purchasing molasses is not a problem.

I found a few little items to go in Kurt and Kris's baskets and have plans for a few other little gifts that will use up things in the house. Cha ching saving some cash and using things I already have.

Between bouts of sewing I did some mending to extend the life of some of our clothing.

Also figured out a way to fix the collar on my dress without having to pull it off and redo it. I am just going to use one of my many pretty pins to hold the collar where it should be. A quick and easy fix that did not cost me time or cash.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


11 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful saving - $40 Jackie - well done! Our supermarkets are right out of condensed milk at present - the shelves are totally bare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price of white cane or beet sugar has gone up from 65p to £1.10 in the last year or so, and Demerara sugars by even more.
    I use white sugar with a teaspoon of molasses or black treacle in fruit cakes.
    The Ministry of Food suggested replacing some of the rationed sugar with grated carrot. It works well in the traditional tea loaf from Wales, Bara Brith. A cake which doesn’t use any of the fat ration, and uses just one egg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent savings and it is so nice to feel well stocked. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. $40 savings is terrific! I'm glad you were able to get everything on your list. So many times lately I've been unable to do that because they are out of stock of certain things we use. I hope you have a wonderful evening too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your Co-op run.
    I did think of you as we arrived in Estevan. We're on a schedule but due to smaller numbers of passengers, we were actually well ahead of schedule. Heading for the stores today...I hope I do as well as you with the bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding what we want in the stores is a great thing and saving while doing it even better. Sounds like you are far along with Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work saving so much! I'm working on our shopping for the holidays. We don't buy for many people, which makes things much easier. I'm mostly done, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the savings! We stopped in at one of the stores we liked and were sad to see that they had a really great deal on a big package of spare ribs but we couldn't take advantage of it because our freezer(s) are stuffed to the gills. Isn't that always the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use my brooches all the time to tighten a neck line. I read somewhere that it is a way to age you...using brooches, but I don't care about any of that. I have a small collection and love them. Well done on the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great savings Jackie, definitely worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete