Saturday, November 18, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


I am making supper right now. Changed the menu a bit (picked something from a day later this month) as I just wasn't feeling Eggplant Parma today. So we are having Chicken Cordon Blu, along with the leftover peas, and the remains of the frozen onion rings. 

But while waiting for the oven to come to temperature, and the air fryer to heat up I thought I would fill you in on what I have actually managed to complete (well almost) this week. Pictures will come once things are either done or I have more to show you.

I finished my dress, just have to do the hem and I hope to get that done tomorrow as well as a stitch to hold the collar where I want it to be.

I also started the prayer shawl/blanket for Kurt's Jewish friend. The blue isn't quite right so I hope the receiver likes it. Most Jewish prayer shawls are made in the colours of the Israel flag. White is easy...the blue not so easy. 

Pulled fabric for some Christmas sewing, and got the baskets for Kurt and Kris's handmade Christmas gift from me. I have a few ideas to go along with those ornaments I made them. Just need to get started on them as soon as possible.

Other than planning, sewing and knitting I have been enjoying a couple of walks today. The weather was lovely and it is supposed to be the same tomorrow. Then we will head into colder weather and I have that dental appointment to fix the old cracked crown. Might not want to be out in the cold at that point. 

Harvey's wine is coming along nicely. It should be ready in a couple more weeks. I will be purchasing some of the items to make Irish cream in a couple of weeks, and getting the cherry liqueur decanted. May use the cherries that were soaking in the alcohol to make some kind of dessert as well.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I'm feeling really lazy right now reading all that you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy as always! It's a sunny day here, so I'm hoping to get out and walk a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been years since I had chicken cordon blue, but it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever i hear about chicken cordon bleu, I think back to a trip I took with a friend to Cuba. We were staying at an all inclusive resort and one night on the buffet, they had chicken Gordon Blue. It made me laugh and I'm sure there is a photo somewhere of that tag.
    That was the year, too, that it got very cold in Florida (the orange groves froze), and it was not much warmer in Cuba. There were people laying out on lounge chairs in their winter parkas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy week. For sure use those cherries for something! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete