Thursday, November 9, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


Well, after one day of lovely sunshine, we are back in the dreary, cloudy days. Still, days like today get be busy doing things in the house, and that is always thrifty.

Fixed the waistband on a pair of jeggings. 

Cut up all those old bits and bobs of clothing that was not suitable to donate into useable quilting fabric.

Working on the embroidered rose quilt square. Using up bits and bobs of embroidery floss in doing so (well the yellow any way).

I made 2 meals so far this week that were meatless. Tomorrow will be a fish meal, which while not really meatless cuts down on our red meat intake.

Darned a pair of socks. 

Harvey ripped up his old threadbare pj bottoms and now has new rags for downstairs. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. I could never give up red meat - while I don't eat it all the time at least one to two times a week. I read once in a book about dieting and blood types. I am type ) and it said we type )'s need red meat. I do know if I don't get some red meat I feel tired and weak. Probably all in my head. I do love a good steak or a prime rib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cutting up old jersey t-shirts for dishwashing cloths. Feels so satisfying rather than putting them in landfill.

    ReplyDelete