Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Tuesday Tidbits and Stuff

 


So today was the first step in the changing of an old crown. Things went well and the dentist says instead of a 50/50 chance of it working out, we have reached almost 100%. Love that. Dan, my dentist is also very happy at how well my dental surgery has healed and how I am looking after the area. He figures the slight pain I am feeling is the bone healing and that will continue for awhile. 

Days seem to run into each other with hardly a bump. It scares me at times how quickly the days melt into each other. How days slip by without me knowing that. If I didn't have appointments I would certainly lose track of things. 

Some people wonder about my menu planning. Back many years ago planning my menu for a month was a wonderful time saver. When I was working having a menu plan for the month saved my sanity. Once I managed to get enough in the pantry or freezer this became second nature. I love looking at my menu calendar and knowing what I will be able to use up. Having a monthly menu enables me to purchase things that are on sale (especially meat) and out be able to use that meat a month or two later. 

This is the same way I manage to sew most of my clothing. I can plan ahead for those items that need to be removed or refashioned over the next few months. So I can purchase fabric on sale and use it to fulfill those needs or to make gifts for others. By purchasing fabric on sale I can saveLi money on clothing for the year. I really need to learn how to make undergarments as those are pretty expensive. The dress I just finished cost me $25.00, but to purchase the same dress would have been at least three times that amount.

Harvey's wine and beer making saves us a great deal as well. Instead of paying upwards of $20.00 a bottle of wine, we end up paying perhaps $4.00. Beer is about $1.00 a bottle. Loads of savings by making our own.

I wish I had more lines in the basement to hang clothing, but I will make do with what I have. Not using the dryer for even three loads a week saves the planet and cash. 

We still have the temperature set fairly low, which is wonderful. A person can always add layers to stay warm during the winter months. 

Lights turned off in rooms not in use and using LED bulbs in those rooms that lights are on. This saves us lots of cash as those LED bulbs last a very long time. 

I no longer buy much secondhand as I have everything I need, there are a few wants but I can wait on those. If those wants go on sale I may purchase them, if not, well I can do without. I do need to convince our sons that purchasing secondhand those things could save them loads of cash and am working on that. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.




6 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie - so pleased to read your dental surgery is progressing well & you sound to be healing very well. Yes the days sure do slip by ... & the months. November will be over in the blink of an eye. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you are so organized in your menu planning especially. I thought I'd try it when I was working but I just couldn't stick to it. It sure would have made life easier. :) Good luck getting the 'children' onto second hand buying. My children are good at it but my step-children seem to need brand new. *shrug* I don't even try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on your dental work.
    As for time passing by, my dad always said time sped up as one aged. He wasn't wrong. Like you, I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is. If it weren't for reminders on my phone, I'd probably forget appointments too.
    I'm going to buckle down and do more meal planning. I do find because I only have the fridge freezer things do get used up fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your dental treatment is going well. Hard to believe that it's less than 5 weeks to Christmas. It's going to go so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news about the dental situation. Bruising can take a while to go but it must be reassuring that the dentist is happy with it all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to love to go thrifting (or yard sales) but don't go much anymore because we simply don't need anything. There's no sense spending money on 'stuff'.
    Glad your dental ordeal is soon going to be over!

    ReplyDelete