Thursday, November 2, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


I am really getting tired of "soft, smooth" food. I tried some oatmeal this morning and that was a disaster. So it was yogurt for lunch with a mug of Chicken Broth. Tonight I am hoping that I can make the mashed potatoes nice and smooth so I can have some gravy along with a glass of milk. So truth be told my meals have been very thrifty and using up what I have in my cupboards.

My mouth is so, so. There are hours of no pain at all and then I can feel it start. I am also very tired and can't seem to stay awake at times. Found myself falling asleep in my chair a couple of afternoons. Wonder if that is half the healing process.

Other thrifty happenings here have been the usual along with even more mending than usual. I enjoy sewing, but not so much mending.

On Tuesday I gathered a few of the items I need to do some of the goals and projects for this month. Still need to order the yarn and will probably do that tomorrow.

I put $65.00 in the savings envelope and $2.45 in the change jars this week. I only spent $35.00 of my biweekly allowance which was awesome.

I overbought the Halloween candy, but it wasn't a great cost and I am pretty sure I can use some of them in baking, and Harvey can have some for desserts. Pretty sure the Reese's Pieces will be lovely in cookies. Any ideas at how to use the Whoppers up in baking????

I haven't been out so no driving thus a thrifty start to the month as far as fuel costs. 

Tonight I get to start the shopping list for next week of course using the weekly fliers. I am hopeful of cutting the grocery spending a bit this next month, even if I need to purchase some baking supplies. Those should be on sale this month and next month as well. Christmas baking will be starting in earnest. 


Off to get supper started, the table set, and then a visit with all of you.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


11 comments:

  1. HUGS to you. That has to be miserable. I love mashed potatoes, so I would be eating them often !!! LOL
    They say when we sleep it is healing - so take those naps.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up and there are a lot of baking recipes using whoopers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do hope you continue sleeping and healing so you can get off the sloppy food - doesn't sound very appealing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep resting Jackie, it will take time to heal.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain, going through something similar myself. If the Whoppers are like Malteezers, (round balls) then you could put them in brownies or cookies as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart goes out to you. Mashed potatoes with gravy should work. I know I've done that with mouth work before. Refried beans and some enchilada sauce might work too. Get all the rest you can as it's good for the healing process. Sending good healing thoughts your way.

    I'm doing the weekly flyers this weekend too. I hope we both find some good deals. Hope you have a very good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think sleep if definitely a part of the healing process so go with the flow and don't try to resist - if that is possible.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think sleeping is our bodies way of making us sit still and allow the healing to happen.
    I hope the potatoes were a go with the gravy. Milk puddings and jello are probably easy too.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure the tiredness is probably the healing process. It must have been quite traumatic on your body to have such
    dental treatment. I hope you're feeling a lot better soon and things heal up nicely. Tooth/mouthache is so uncomfortable. I was constantly on painkillers when I had a bad toothache earlier this year. I found that the freeze gel on the outside of my cheek was the only thing that worked really well to help with the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I crush whoppers and put them in chocolate chip cookies with 1/2 cup malted milk powder. But it works without the powder.

    I always think sleep helps me heal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's no fun dealing with a very sore and sensitive mouth, hopefully you are feeling a little better every day. I'm sure that sleep, or napping, is part of the healing process, so just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete