Saturday, November 25, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


Today I am going to share some of the finishes on my projects this week. Things are moving along way too quickly for my liking, but with only a month left until Christmas I will be going full out.


Christmas bags were made. I just need to add some ribbon to tie them closed. I will pick that up the next time I go shopping.


My dress, it looks much better on than laying here on the couch. I will use a pin of some kind on the neckline, or perhaps over at the side where the dress crosses over.


Harvey's pajama bottoms. He wears a white t-shirt with all his pj bottoms.


My brown knit capris. I had hoped they would be a bit longer on my rather vertically challenged frame, but no such luck. 


This is as far as I have gotten on Kurt's Jewish friends prayer shawl/blanket. The blue is not quite correct so I do hope B forgives me. It did look correct on the online ordering page. 


I have also managed to get the bricks pinned together for the runners. I will sew them together tomorrow, and hopefully iron and pin them to the backing and batting. I would like to get them quilted, but I may just run out of time. Maybe get them done on Monday. Tuesday is haircut day, and so I will probably do some baking/candy making. Wednesday I think I will make some quilted mug rugs, and Thursday I will begin putting up my trees and decorating. More than likely some baking will be thrown in on a few of the days. I may, just may be ready for Christmas. Cutting it close though.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

18 comments:

  1. I hesitate to say that I think I finished making the last gift this afternoon (unless, of course, I decide I *need* to make something else!). Tomorrow is the day to do the cards and then I can sit back and pretty much do whatever I'd like. You've done well on your projects too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to keep adding projects.... Need to stop that.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. Still have a way to go on organization though.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. It all looks wonderful Jackie & gosh you sure have been busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is a very pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like the colour.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I love seeing your makes. That dress looks lovely. I really need to make some gift bags with all the Xmas fabric I have in my stash. I'm waiting until I've used up all the Xmas wrap I have and then I'm going to concentrate on making reusables. I have a bit of a stash of paper wrap, that I bought in the sales when I worked at the charity shop and the homeware store last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some wrapping paper for those larger gifts. Good plan to use that up first.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work, Jackie! You are getting me into the holiday spirit with all your going ons. It's a busy time of year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Belinda.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. You've been very busy! With the exception of a few amigurumi cocoa mugs for Eli's teachers and E.A.s, I've not made a single gift this year.
    Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can remember making gifts for teachers and E.A.s. Those can really add up.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. You have been busy with yoursewing. Is your dress made from knit fabric perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is knit fabric, and I think if I would do so again it would be with a bit heavier knit.

      God bless.

      Delete