Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Mid-week Yet Again

 


It has been a dark and dreary day. Pretty chilly as well. I think that winter has really arrived on the prairies of Canada. The only thing missing right now is our usual snow cover. That probably will not last for much longer.

I am working on the little bits I have left to clean this month as well as trying to get some sewing done. Time to use up as much of the fabric stash as possible. I really would like to be able to purchase some new the next time we go to visit with Kris. I also want to get some different storage in the sewing/craft room to make the area a bit more inviting for crafting. 

I managed to use up some of the Christmas fabric this week. I got some new gift bags made up. Still have a few smaller pieces that I may use to make Christmas ornaments a bit later. I really hope to be finished my sewing plans by the end of the month. That includes making some quilted runners for the boys to use on a table or two in their homes. I should finish those quite quickly as I am going to use things that are already cut into suitable squares or bricks.

The Federated Co-op is having their Warehouse Sale starting tomorrow. Some really good deals on meat, and it is making me think that perhaps I should do a bit of a stock up. That would mean shopping two weeks in a row, but some of the savings are very good. Like I mean one could conceivably save lots of money while refilling certain things in my freezers. It would also be a way of making sure I have enough in the chance of having a bad snow storm. Our street is one of the first to become impassible when a blizzard occurs. It is also the last to be plowed clear.

I hope to have lots of pictures to share with you all on Saturday. Lots of those small projects will be completed and perhaps some new ones as well.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I think it is worth spending in the short term for longer term savings - I hope you get some great bargains at the Warehouse Sale. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could sew. I guess it is like anything else, it takes practice. This year, I'm not decorating for Christmas as my son has asked me not to. I am putting up my small tree in a corner of the basement where I can enjoy it but that will be the extent of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would be tempted to get it on the meat sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark, dreary and chilly - yes, that's winter.
    Stocking up at the warehouse Sale would be a wise thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We actually had sunshine for most of the day today - rather nice for a change.
    I'm trying to use up stash too but it never seems I make a dent!

    ReplyDelete