Monday, November 13, 2023

Menu Monday

 


Wow, it is the second full week in November. I am so glad that there are lots of leftovers in the fridge and freezer to use up and I have included those in the menu plan for the month.


Monday

I pulled a container of mushroom meatballs out of the fridge freezer and will make noodles and mixed veggies to go with.


Tuesday

Pulling a bag of leftover pork roast from the fridge freezer and making leftover pork hash. I will cook up some corn to go with and slice up the cucumber for dip as well.


Wednesday

This will be a soup and sandwich night. I will make some tomato soup, by pulling a frozen container out and my sandwiches will be ham salad using up a can of flaked ham bought on sale.


Thursday

Leftover pork hash, with peas/carrots and the remainder of the cucumber slices.


Friday

Salmon patties, mashed potatoes, and corn niblets.


Saturday

Eggplant Parma as another meatless meal this week.


Sunday

Roast beef, roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots. I wonder if I should try Yorkshire Pudding as well (we shall see). 


I was asked what appliances I have been using to try and keep electrical prices a bit lower. Well I used my toaster oven, a packed oven, my electric roaster, and air fryer. This week it will be the toaster oven, electric roaster and most of the rest of the meals will be stove top. I would love an electric griddle, and am thinking seriously of purchasing one as a Christmas gift to myself. At times I really think a hotplate would be nice to have as well, but will hold off on that.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious, Jackie. I have my Mom's old Electra-Maid, which is a huge electric skillet really. She used to make meatloaf and fried potatoes in it back when we were growing up. They were so good in that skillet.

    I love having plenty of leftovers and frozen assets to fall back onto as well. Makes things easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only electric small appliances I have are a rice cooker, a crock pot, a bread machine. I just don't have room for anything else.

    ReplyDelete